Always read, understand and operate vehicles well within the limits set out in
the manufacturer's safety instructions. If the vehicle is for use by a minor
ensure that they understand, where, when and how to operate the vehicle safely
and wisely. If they are too young to be aware and responsible for their own
safety then only allow the vehicle to be used under strict and close adult
In addition, the following issues must be considered when using, and supervising
the use of, all vehicles.
- The safety of the location.
- The appropriateness of the surface for the type of vehicle.
- The age, ability and suitability of the user.
- The safety equipment requirements of the user.
- The health of the user.
- The legal status of the vehicle and user.
- Insurance, MOT and other requirements.
- The weather and lighting conditions.
Remember, safety instruction are for the benefit of all vehicle users and guardians
and help to ensure vehicle use is safe, fun and incident free.